I hold myself to the highest ethical standards.My goal as a financial planner is to serve you in an honest and straightforward relationship.
As a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional, I use the code of ethics laid out by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards as a basic measure for how I hold myself accountable. These standards dictate that a CFP® professional must:
1. Act with honesty, integrity, competence, and diligence.
2. Act in the client’s best interests.
3. Exercise due care.
4. Avoid or disclose and manage conflicts of interest.
5. Maintain the confidentiality and protect the privacy of client information.
6. Act in a manner that reflects positively on the financial planning profession and CFP® certification.
Additionally, I am a fee-only planner, which means all my compensation comes from you, my client. I am also a fiduciary, which means I always act in your best interest. In addition:
I will always put your best interests first.
I will act with prudence; that is, with the skill, care, diligence, and good judgment of a professional.
I will not mislead you, and I will provide conspicuous, full and fair disclosure of all important facts.
I will avoid conflicts of interest.
I will fully disclose and fairly manage, in your favor, any unavoidable conflicts.