How I work with clients
Planning for Progress engages with clients on an ongoing basis to engage in fully comprehensive financial planning.
Planning for Progress is currently not currently inviting new clients to join the firm. There may be one or two openings available later in 2024. We invite you to check out these resources and lists from Resource Generation and XY Planning Network. If you would still like to get in touch, feel free to fill out the following form.
- You can spend countless hours over the course of a year trying to find answers to your financial questions and only find generic advice. Or, you can rely on your financial planner to have your back, provide peace of mind and help you identify and reach your financial goals.
- The process of comprehensive financial planning starts with the creation of your financial plan, after which we move into a cycle of ongoing support, implementation of the recommendations in your plan, and periodic plan updates.
- Only ongoing comprehensive planning provides hands-on assistance that can help you maximize your savings, invest appropriately with your values and risk tolerance in mind, and avoid making costly mistakes with your money.
- Annual fees for ongoing comprehensive planning start at $3000 for individuals and $3500 for couples. Fees are calculated based on income, net worth, and the complexity of your unique situation. Ongoing planning fees are billed in quarterly increments and a portion or all of your these fees may be deducted directly from your managed investment accounts.
Topics covered in comprehensive financial planning include, but are not limited to:
- Identifying short and long-term goals
- Tracking savings progress
- Expense tracking and managing cashflow
- Merging finances with a partner
- Preparing to have or adopt a child
- Student loan repayment, including PSLF, IBR, PAYE, REPAYE, etc.
- Getting ready to buy a home
- Maximizing workplace benefits and employer equity programs
- Insurance needs assessment
- Freelance and small business planning
- Retirement planning and account consolidation
- Managing investment risks
- Tax planning
- Giving plans and tax-efficient charitable contributions
- Evaluating estate planning needs
- Investment management is included as a service for all ongoing comprehensive planning clients. Investment management is not currently offered as a stand-alone service for new clients.
- Professional investment management, when paired with the proper financial planning, ensures you have the proper allocation across retirement and taxable accounts to manage investment risks and meet your financial goals. I also work with many clients to make sure they are not investing in extractive industries and fossil fuels.
- In addition to working with individuals and families, I love being able to bring financial education and information to groups including workplaces, unions, and community organizations on a variety of topics, including student loan repayment strategies, retirement savings, and planning towards buying a home.
- Please get in touch with me using the form at the bottom of this page to discuss possibilities for your organization. Fees for workshops vary, and community organizations and small nonprofits may be eligible to host a workshop at a severely reduced rate or on a pro bono basis.